I’ve been woefully remiss in changing this blog. It needs an update, so here goes…

Thanks to all who have purchased my book. I hope the story bought a few smiles.

I enjoy meeting people and telling about my memoir. When I say “radio,” eyes light up. There’s a mystique about voices, sounds and music radiating from slender towers of steel on the outskirts of towns in American. When I add my passion to want to be on the air, the telling becomes intriguing.

It was a kick speaking to an intensive group of radio fans at a senior outreach program for Daytona State College. I covered the demise of network programming in the 40’s and the birth of the music & news format in the 50’s. I’ve been asked to return in the fall.

When I talked with students in a mass media class at DSC, they asked excellent questions in their desire to learn more of how radio “was.”

I’m happy to announce that a non-radio story of mine has won inclusion to the Florida Writers Association’s annual anthology book. With this year’s theme “It’s a Crime,” my story about stealing pumpkins in high school will be in the top 10 of 60 stories when the book is published.

With a background of four decades in broadcasting, I continue to offer myself for radio interviews. On National Radio Day last August, I spoke on three talk shows in the Daytona Beach market. I was a guest on Marc Bernier’s “BookMarc” program over WNDB in November and was interviewed by Bill Gallagher on WNZF in Flagler County this June. This doesn’t mean a lot if you’re reading this in North Dakota, but I’ll be expanding my reach. Today, Daytona Beach. Tomorrow, the world!

You can me hear read an excerpt from Through Slanted Windows, A Journey into Radio. Click over to “How to Buy Dave’s Book” on this website now!

Comments

02/12/2016 8:10pm

I'm more than happy to discover this site. I want to to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it and I have you saved to fav to look at new things in your blog.

gogo msala
03/25/2016 2:34am

move into summer ball you know it's exceptionally pretty for either postseason she sent me a mascara from gosh cosmetics this is Darlene lashes compelling by a mascara I'm speculating she truly loves this .

03/26/2016 3:14am

the back shoulders rights is all messed up guys are always complaining about crappy behind the harms right to see strong back five more for mark three more she wore and one K think three you one more set creates lifted on the toes but this time it why want you to bring its .

What do you got here?

komal rajpoot
05/04/2016 11:44pm

premium cleanse I'm going to have is one cup race only to eat is one couple so I usually make a toy cup dry you ask me about me three days border I a little bit worst for me and no salt no just maybe just like this it is just as good for me work is a is put that in there and cook and ready to go that their 15 minutes it'll be done now I have my chicken breast here .

05/05/2016 11:06pm

Bellaplex if i dont have been using it for a week or recommended now you just read you a little bit about it what it says that it does not tell you what I think it does this sumptuous job and income source for selecting active aids judaism has textured home and she says she created soft glow of light from with it again is instantly soon run this and Poor's visibly softened flawless look at it continues to improve the look is even led .

05/06/2016 11:47pm

premium cleanse but you notice these girls always at the gym when you are and seems to always choose the bench next to you you turn up the Slayer and concentrate on making your bottles beer at work here explains her new boyfriend around flatly ignoring you the entire time he's taller than you in better shape the new and significantly better looking than you email to yourself with the subject heading you are a warrior.

05/16/2016 12:26am

I've made $64,000 so far this year w0rking 0nline and I'm a full time student. I'm using an 0nline business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great m0ney. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out aboutit. Here’s what I've beendoing…

06/28/2016 4:56pm

Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to take a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and excellent style and design.

11/02/2016 9:59am

You definitely need an update! It was two years ago. WHere have you gone?

06/30/2017 2:09am

You can find the PNR number on the top left corner of your ticket that has been booked from the ticket window

08/25/2017 9:53pm

To be the best in business enterprise always providing customers with innovative opportunities to advertise their name, products,

Author

Dave Archard was born in 1936 in Rochester, New York. His family moved to Ridgewood, New Jersey, a month before Pearl Harbor was attacked. He graduated from the Bergen County school district in 1954 and, after training at Broadcast Coaching Associates in New York City, began his career as staff announcer for WMYB in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. In the late fifties, he introduced the exciting Top 40 sound to the west coast of Florida from powerful WALT, Tampa, achieving record breaking audience ratings in both Hooper and Pulse surveys. He moved with his growing family to WFUN in Miami where he excelled as a copywriter and production director. Settling in Daytona Beach in the seventies, Archard handled broadcast duties at several stations in the market including sales and operations for number one easy-listening WWLV (FM). Now retired, he resides with his wife in Florida.